Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
30 minute dinner! Fast and yummy teriyaki orange chicken stir fry- make it simply sweet or sweet and spicy! Easily modify for any number of servings- serve over steamed white rice. A great alternative to that sinful breaded orange chicken at your favorite chinese to-go place!
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 whole orange
- 24 ounces yoshida's original teriyaki sauce
- 1 ounce japanese dried chili (optional)
- Before starting the chicken portion of the meal I recommend getting your white rice started.
- Next, slice chicken breasts in to bite size pieces. Place chicken pieces in a bowl and add Yoshida's until it covers the chicken- add extra if you like to have leftover sauce to poor on rice. (If using chili peppers, add about 5-8 of these to the marinade now. Leave whole for a milder spice or for a spicier flavor crack in 1/2, either disposing of seeds or adding seeds as well to taste).
- Slice bell pepper in to long strips (stir fry style)- add to marinading chicken.
- Cut orange in 1/2. Slice one 1/2 and then cut the slices in to 1/2's. Remove any seeds. Place orange slices in marinade. Squeeze the other 1/2 of the orange in marinade. Now, grate all around the rind of the leftover 1/2 in to the sauce. Use your nose as a guide- can you smell all of the elements? Now you are ready.
- Heat pan or wok on medium high heat until hot. Add chicken and bell pepper marinade mixture. Cook on medium high until chicken pieces are done (approx. 10 minutes).
- Right about now your rice should be done. Voila- dinners ready!
Thank you SO MUCH!!! I had never made this before, but needed a quick delicious fix for unexpected company! This was perfect, easy, and came out wonderfully!
Oh my goodness! Who knew that orange chicken could be so yummy and good for you & simple to make! Thanks for sharing!