Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've tried other recipes for london broil but I keep comming back to this one. I should point out that you need to marinade this at least 12 hours before cooking to truly appreciate the terriyaki flavor throughout the meat. Add the ginger to make it taste a little more Oriental flavor.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) london broil beef
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- Make slits about 1/8 inches deep around the edges of beef.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a big enough container to fit the meat without overflowing. Put it in fridge and marinade for at least 12 hours or longer.
- Preheat grill or broiler to 350.
- Remove beef and save marinade. Grill or broil beef until it suits your liking (rare, medium rare, well done).
- Slice beef diagonally when done.
- Take marinade, strain it in a pot and boil. Add 1 tlbs flour or corn starch to make gravy if you want.