Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Super quick and easy chicken! Published in Family Circle 8/9/05
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 14 ounces reduced-fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 12 ounces broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breast, thin sliced
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soak noodles in warm water to cover for 15 minutes. In a large saucepan, heat coconut milk, 4 Tbsp of the teriyaki, broccoli slaw, red pepper, and salt over medium heat until broccoli and pepper are heated through. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of chicken with remaining 2 Tbsp teriyaki. Dip in egg whites, then coat completely with crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Saute chicken 2 to 3 minutes, then turn and cook another 2 minutes or until crumbs are crisp.
- Meanwhile, drain noodles and add to the coconut-teriyaki sauce in pan; reheat as needed. Serve noodles with chicken.