Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had Teriyaki Chicken from a place called Shanghi Express in a Mall in Auburn Alabama. I worked for years trying duplicate this recipe. I believe this is it. The instructions sound more involved than they are. This is a quick stir-fry and so easy.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large white onion, cut in half and quartered or thick half circles
- teriyaki marinade (see my Teriyaki Marinade or Sauce)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour enough marinade to coat chicken and mix together.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- (To retain moisture during high temperature cooking.) You can refrigerate over night before cooking.
- Heat a heavy wok or skillet and drizzle oil down sides and coat bottom.
- It is important to have sufficent oil so the meat doesn't stick to the pan.
- Excess will drain off.
- Allow it to heat until it is slightly smoking.
- Keep heat high and cook small batches of one cup or less of chicken pieces at a time.
- Allow pan to heat for a few seconds between batches.
- Cook each batch until barely done.
- Chicken should be"blackened" if your heat is high enough.
- When all chicken is cooked return it all to the pan and make sure it is completely done.
- Dip out the chicken, leaving the excess oil in the pan and quickly stir-fry the onion and add it to the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried rice and eggrolls, if desired.
This is an excellent teriyaki recipe that I have made several times. The chicken always comes out moist and very flavourful using Peaceful Solution's marinade.I serve it with egg rolls and fried rice as suggested, and it has now become one of my most requested meals.
My family and I tried this for the first time tonight and it was a hit. I did use Lite Soy Sauce since I heard this can be quite salty and it did seem still a little salty, so next time I will use less Soy Sauce.
Also the sauce was a little watery, so I may add some cornstarch to thicken it.
I only marinated for 20 minutes like the recipe states, and it was perfect!
Step 15: Salt and pepper to taste.. yet there's a bad review stating 'too salty'? LOL..