1/2 Photos of Teriyaki Chicken
I had Teriyaki Chicken from a place called Shanghi Express in a Mall in Auburn Alabama. I worked for years trying duplicate this recipe. I believe this is it. The instructions sound more involved than they are. This is a quick stir-fry and so easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Pour enough marinade to coat chicken and mix together.
- 3Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- 4(To retain moisture during high temperature cooking.) You can refrigerate over night before cooking.
- 5Heat a heavy wok or skillet and drizzle oil down sides and coat bottom.
- 6It is important to have sufficent oil so the meat doesn't stick to the pan.
- 7Excess will drain off.
- 8Allow it to heat until it is slightly smoking.
- 9Keep heat high and cook small batches of one cup or less of chicken pieces at a time.
- 10Allow pan to heat for a few seconds between batches.
- 11Cook each batch until barely done.
- 12Chicken should be"blackened" if your heat is high enough.
- 13When all chicken is cooked return it all to the pan and make sure it is completely done.
- 14Dip out the chicken, leaving the excess oil in the pan and quickly stir-fry the onion and add it to the chicken.
- 15Salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Serve with fried rice and eggrolls, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (1060 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 377.7 mg
- Sodium 394.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 90.2 g