Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is very tasty and takes about 30-40 minutes from start to finish. It taste even better the next day.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut up frying chicken into bite-sized chunks and brown lightly.
- Add chunk-style pineapple with juice and 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce, (Use less if too salty).
- Add chopped celery, green pepper, chopped onion, and sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add cornstarch to thicken for gravy.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
I liked this because it was simple and just what I needed for a quick dinner. It was good and fed my hungry family. However, it wasn't spectacular. The flavour of this dish probably depends a lot on the quality of the teriyaki sauce you use. Mine was ok, but not great. Perhaps next time I will marinate the chicken in the sauce for awhile, to let the flavour permeate the meat. I used chicken breast instead of a frying chicken. Thanks for posting the recipe.