Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
So good it falls off the bone! Men CRAVE this chicken recipe! This can also be done in an electric roaster if you're making bulk to feed a crowd.
- 4 -6 chicken pieces (skinned thighs and legs are best!)
- 1 cup kikoman soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups dark brown sugar (to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger until sugar has dissolved. Put chicken in 9x13 pan and pour teriyaki sauce over it. Cover tightly with foil and bake for at least one hour or until chicken is cooked through. I bake it for about 2 1/2 hours and the chicken is falling off the bone! I usually double the sauce for extra on rice.
- *This is even better if you marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours in the sauce before cooking - especially before grilling.
- **If cooking in an electric roaster, make sure you have enough sauce to cover chicken. Bake covered at 325°F for about 4 hours.
Loved it! I followed others suggestions - decreased brown sugar and used skinless chicken breast (cut in half). It was great! Will definitely use this one regularly :-)
You were right, my dh kept saying this is so good! I used 2 large chicken breast and cut them in half. The sauce was wonderful! I liked it because there wasn't any oil in the recipe.
I made this for dinner last night & thought it was good. I used bonless/skinless chicken thighs because that is what we like at my house. My dd loved the chicken. We both thouht the sauce was to sweet. Next time I make it, I will cut back on the brown sugar. Thanks for posting.