5-Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken
photo by Tea Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 36 cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut pineapple (reserve juice)
- 12 short bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beef tenderloin cubes onto soaked bamboo skewers and place in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, green onion, ginger, soy sauce and 3/4 of the reserved pineapple juice, mix well. Pour marinade over beef skewers reserving 1/3 of the mixture. Marinate for as long as possible but shoot for over night marinade. Place remaining mixture in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Combine remaining 1/4 reserved pineapple juice with cornstarch and pepper, mix well and add to simmering sauce. Reduce heat and whisk. Sauce will thicken. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve. Preheat grill or BBQ. Remove beef skewers from marinade and drain well. Place beef skewers on preheated grill and cook about 30 seconds each side. Top with additional sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had this for supper on Friday night. That is always takeaway night but we thought we would have this and we were not disapointed, it was good. I cooked on my wee bq as we have put the big one away for the winter, (to early in my opinion) anyway they turned out good but I think the real star was the sauce it had an amazing taste, it had a real zing to it, just couldn't get enough. I think that I will try it with chicken. very nice recipe. Made for PAC Fall 09.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I now live in Texas but I recently moved from the Pacific Northwest but I have lived all over. Spent time in Europe and mostly west of the Mississippi and the South. I am a Jr. Executive with a large company and I have seen my waist and health go in directions that make me unhappy as well as unhealthy. I am the main cook and bottle washer in the house and have focused on healthy eating. I have converted to vegetarian eating in 2009 with a heavy emphasis on vegan recipes. I FEEL GREAT!