Recipe by wangofilm
I modified another recipe on this site (Teriyaki Pasta #30094) to reduce carbs and use homemade teriyaki sauce... and this is what I came up with. We eat this EVERY WEEK... it's SO GOOD!!! This can be made with prepared teriyaki sauce for an even easier side dish.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix (comes in a bag, near the salad mix)
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced in strips
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare Teriyaki Sauce, mix all ingredients in a blender and blend for one minute. This will make extra sauce, which keeps very well in the fridge for over a month.
- To prepare broccoli: Heat oil in a large skillet. Add ginger and garlic and cook for for 15 seconds. Stir in broccoli slaw mix, carrots, water chestnuts, and teriyaki sauce. Keep stirring, and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with sliced green onions and serve.
- This recipe is even better the next day, when flavors have had time to marinate overnight. YUMMY!