Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mojitos are one of my favorite summer adult beverages. From Southern Living.
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml fresh mint leaves
- 473.18 ml lemon-lime flavored soda, chilled
- 236.59 ml fresh lime juice
- 118.29 ml tequila
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- lime slice (to garnish)
- Bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil, stirring often, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add mint leaves, and let stand 2 hours or until mixture is completely cool.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding mint. Stir in lemon-lime soft drink, lime juice, and tequila. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Yum! I love mojitos, so I must admit I was a little skeptical about using the tequila instead of rum. Now, I'm a believer! I didnt' want to take the time to do the simple syrup, so I just muddled the ingredients with the lime, then followed the rest of the recipe. The mojitos were absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting!