Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy recipe that can be grilled, baked, or put in crock-pot! From 'Fix, Freeze and Feast' book. --Tammi
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup bottled margarita mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Rinse and trim chicken as desired. If freezing, put the chicken in freezer bag.
- Combine soy sauce, margarita mix, tequila, lime juice and mustard in medium bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Add garlic to chicken. (May freeze chicken at this point).
- For outdoor cooking: Cook over medium-low fire, turning every 5 minutes and basting frequently with marinade. Cook for 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 170°F Do not baste during last 5 minutes of grilling -- discard marinade.
- For indoor cooking: Broil 15-20 minutes or until 170°F.
- May also cook in crock pot for 4-6 hours (but better broiled or grilled).
The best thing I can say about this recipe is that it was easy. The soy sauce overpowered all the other flavors which is OK if you're expecting soy sauce. This wasn't my idea of good tequila lime chicken.