Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different spin on plain ol' rice. This was sent to me in one of the MANY cooking newsletter I get each day. Can't wait to try it!! Cooking times are an estimate right now, I will update soon!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the onions and garlic until just golden, about 7 minute.
- Add the tequila and lime juice.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Add the rice.
- Stir the rice frequently to coat the rice with oil.
- Fry until rice is golden brown and all of the grains are coated, about 5 minute.
- Stir in the parsley.
This was great, just not flavorful enough for me. Next time I might add more lime and tequila.
Great tasting rice! I seldom rate rice side dishes as outstanding, because they generally are not even ment to be more than really nice background for the main dish, but this rice dish is truly flavorsome and yet doesn't take anything away from the main dish. Great with anything Mexican, I'm sure. Parsley could be substituted with cilantro, or both used.