Recipe by Kirstin in the Couv
A great recipe from the Margarita Cookbook
Top Review by BonnieZ
Very good but definitely not for someone who likes their spice to the wimpy side!lol Luckily both DH & I enjoy spicey hot food. I served the shrimp over jasmine rice and sauteed snow peas on the side. Thank you Mean for sharing the recipe.
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, combine chipotles, tequila, lime juice, ketchup, adobo sauce, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put shrimp in nonreactive bowl, pour mixture over, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Strain shrimp.
- Reserve marinade.
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, add oil and swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp and cook, tossing and stirring until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to serving dish.
- Add reserved marinade to pan, bring to a boil, scraping pan often.
- Cook for about 15 seconds.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve immediately.
- Serves 4.