Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an awesome zesty twist to chicken fettuccine. Love to serve this colorful dish at summer dinner parties.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup limeade
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 yellow bell peppers or 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 16 ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix tequila, limeade and lime peel in a bowl.
- Stir in cubed chicken.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to marinade.
- Once marinated, convert the chicken mixture including the marinade to a large skillet heated over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms stirring occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the marinade is absorbed into the meat and veges.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles in 3 quarts of water and 2 tbsp of salt (if desired) until tender.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese in the bottom of the serving bowl, and quickly transfer the drained hot fettuccine noodles to the serving bowl.
- Toss the noodles with the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread the 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese on top of the fettuccine noodles.
- Then add the chicken mixture from the skillet on top of the noodles and cheese.
- Garnish with lime slices if desired.
- Serve immediately.