Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a former neighbor and we love them. These ribs are great on the grill.
- 1 (3 lb) rack pork spareribs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 medium jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, tequila, onions, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro. Whisk well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs, meat side down, in a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over the ribs, coating each side completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (at least 12 hours), turning every couple of hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and bring the ribs to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill on low.
- Place the ribs, meat side down, and slow grill the ribs, turning and basting every 15 minutes.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender.
- Remove from the grill and slice into individual ribs.