Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is our favorite pork chop recipe! It comes from an issue of Woman's World magazine. It's delectable served with garlic mashed potatoes. Enjoy!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (use good brand name, such as Jack Daniels)
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place chops in skillet, and cook about 5 minutes each side, turning once, until browned.
- Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet cook garlic, onion, and pepper flakes until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the apple juice, dark brown sugar, whiskey, teriyaki, and soy sauces.
- Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add pork chops to skillet and simmer, turning once, until no longer pink near bone (about 3 minutes per side) and sauce is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
These were Great! Everyone must try!
I'd give this a 6 if possible! I used a sprinkle of chili powder (didn't have red pepper flakes), dipping sauce (didn't have teriyaki), and added some mushrooms in toward the end. I also wanted a little more "body" so gave it a good squirt of OMGosh!) catsup (about 2 Tablespoons). Turned out SCRUMPTIOUS!
Yummmm this is so tasty! It was a tough decision whether or not to part with 1/4 cup of whisky for a recipe (my whisky is my best friend) but I liked the sound of the sauce so gave it a go. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, I used 3 large chops and served with creamy mashed potatoes and baby peas, the 'kick' from the pepper flakes is wonderful. Great recipe.