Christmas Carol's Note:
This is our favorite pork chop recipe! It comes from an issue of Woman's World magazine. It's delectable served with garlic mashed potatoes. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey (use good brand name, such as Jack Daniels)
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1In a nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- 2Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 3Place chops in skillet, and cook about 5 minutes each side, turning once, until browned.
- 4Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
- 5In the same skillet cook garlic, onion, and pepper flakes until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the apple juice, dark brown sugar, whiskey, teriyaki, and soy sauces.
- 7Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to medium, and cook sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 9Add pork chops to skillet and simmer, turning once, until no longer pink near bone (about 3 minutes per side) and sauce is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tennessee Whiskey Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 1624.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 20.3 g