Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine carrots and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil,cover and reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add honey and remaning ingredients,cook over low heat,stirring gently until butter and sugar melt.
I made this recipe for Easter dinner and they were awesome. One pound of carrots were enough for 4.
This was a very nice and different way to enjoy the humble carrot.Since there were only two of us I used a 1 pound bag of baby carrots and kept the amount of the rest of the ingredients the same.The taste was very sweet which I enjoyed very much.Thank you for posting.
Delicious. Thank you Theresa.