Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Heart of the Palms
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef tenderloin
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine
- Marinate tenderloin in wine for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Roast or grill meat to desired doneness.
- Slice and serve with marsala sauce.
- For sauce:.
- Melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and wine.
- Cook and stir until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Makes 2 c sauce.
We quite enjoyed this, the sauce is very tasty but for us I think we really would have prefered a sweeter meat like a nice veal steak or even a pork steak. The sauce is beautiful and the mushrooms really hold the flavour. Will definitely make again but next time with veal.