Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I never would have guessed these were 100% whole wheat. Light, tender and so yummy. With the most minimal of ingredients. Got it off of a Bob's Red Mill flour bag.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (I used low fat vanilla)
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl - set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Add wet to dry and stir until combined.
- Pour by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle sprayed with canola oil or brushed with butter. 3 pancakes per serving.
These pancakes are phenomenal. Everyone wolfs them down and asks for the recipe. I made them with plain nonfat yogurt and added a teaspoon of vanilla. Also added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry mix. Awesome! Pancakes come out light and fluffy.
Perfectly light and delicious! I used vanilla yogurt and added a pinch of salt. Easy, healthy and tasty. Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe.
The texture is good, but the pancakes are completely bland. I used plain yogurt, so I would suggest adding a little salt and sugar and maybe vanilla, cinnamon, etc. Also, there is no way to make 15 quarter-cup pancakes from the batter. I ended up with about 8 1/2.