- 32 asparagus
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 lbs fresh peas, shelled or 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and diced (capsicum)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Bring water, broth and shallots to a boil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- Stir in asparagus, peas and ground pepper.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add pepper.
- Cook until liquid had mostly been evaporated (about 2 minutes).