1/1 Photo of Tender Beef & Cashews
You'll love the soft and crunchy textures and layers of flavor in this most presentable stir-fry. You can subsitute a cheaper cut of beef for the tenderloin and it'll still be wonderful. From Company's Coming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb beef tenderloin steak, cut across the grain into 1/8 inch strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1/3 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup baby corn, drained and cut in half
- 2/3 cup cashews, toasted
- chow mein noodles, to serve over
- peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and add beef. Toss and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 2Stir water into cornstarch in a small bowl. Add osyter sauce and stir. Set aside.
- 3Toast the cashews while preparing the vegetables by laying them out on a single layer on a shallow pan. Bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, stirring or shaking often.
- 4Heat wok until hot, add peanut oil and let it get hot. Add the beef with the marinade and green onions. Stir-fry until done, about 3 - 4 minutes, and transfer to a plate.
- 5Add some more oil to the wok and let it get hot, then add the vegetables and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the beef and cashews. Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the wok. Cook until boiling and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 7Serve over chow mein noodles.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Beef & Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 963.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g