Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is great because its easy, and once the chicken is marinated, very quick. I can pop it in the oven and finish other things while it bakes. This is without a doubt my husbands favorite chicken, he likes it even better than my fried chicken, which is wonderful because its sooo much easier.
- Combine italian dressing and soy sauce; mix well.
- Pour marinade into a gallon sized resealable plastic bag; add chicken.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning several times (can be marinated up to 36 hours).
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish (I use a cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed with Pam).
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with onion powder and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees, or until juices run clear.
This turned out quite nicely. I used low sodium soy sauce, and low fat Italian Dressing to lighten things up a bit. Although it seems like a strange combination, it works well together and I would certainly make this again. Thanks!
Chicken was OK. Followed recipe exactly..except that I froze it for future cooking.
Excellent and SO EASY!!!! The leftovers made a great chicken sandwich.