Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup dashi (bonito fish stock)
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine for cooking)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together.
- This can be warmed for serving or served at room temperature.
- Usually about 1 1/2 tablespoon of grated daikon (white radish) is added to the sauce for flavor before dipping the tempura into it.
After I submitted this, I found another recipe that suggests you boil the mixture for a minute to thicken it slightly. (So you might want to take that into consideration!)