Friends & Foodies's Note:
A delicious vegetarian layered one-dish meal with tasty sauce made with organic corn, mixed with tomatoes, peppers, and black beans with southwest spices, layered with fluffy flour tortillas stuffed with a cream cheese and green chile mixture. Top it off with mild monterrey jack cheese and bake it to golden goodness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinse
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I usually use diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Saute onions in large skillet with cooking spray just until soft. Put stewed tomatoes into a blender and blend just long enough to break up large tomato pieces. (I skip that step with the diced tomatoes.) Add to skillet with onions. Stir in corn, black beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2Spread one side of tortilla with cream cheese, topping with green chiles. Fold tortillas in half over cream cheese. Pour half of the cooled Veg. sauce into the bottom of a 7-by-11 baking dish. (We actually did two smaller ones.) Arrange the folded tortillas over the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas.
- 3Freeze at this point, if that's your plan. Thaw to slush state when ready to bake.
- 4To serve, cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese on top. Bake for 5 more minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Telluride Black Bean and Corn Tortilla Bake - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 926.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g