Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can add 1/2 cup of nuts to the mix.
Make and share this Teff Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml teff flour
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml grated carrot
- 1 small tart apple, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 24 mini muffin-cup pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the teff flour, tapioca flour, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, applesauce, agave nectar, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together. Then add dried fruit, and grated carrots, and diced apples. Continue to mix with a large wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are combined. Be sure to not over mix the batter!
- Spoon batter into oiled muffin cups and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire rack.
Delicious and mega-healthy. My 3 year old is gobbling them up and told me the "chocolate cupcakes" are yummy. I put 3 T maple syrup in place of honey and rehydrated the raisins so I could blend them with the carrot and apple since my 3 year old wouldn't have liked texture in her cupcake. These pretty much stay the exact same shape as what they are when you put them in the oven so be aware of that. If that matters, maybe use a cookie scoop. These will be a regular for us now.