Recipe by Ridgely
Excellent! From Southern Living Magazine. Can use fresh or frozen corn.
Top Review by TexasChef Judi Coleman
I got this from the Southern Living cookbook a few years back but only recently made it. I used a good quality frozen corn. Fresh corn would probably have made it even better. However, if it had been any better; I don't know if we could have stood it. I always use only butter and I used heavy whipping cream. As we say in Texas, this will make your tongue slap yore eyebrows right off your forehead..Yummy..Chef Judi Coleman
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 6 cups corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream and butter. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or more until deep golden and set.
- Let pudding stand 5 minutes.