Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tweaked from "Kill It and Grill It."
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats
- 4 tablespoons steak sauce (I prefer A-1, your mileage may vary)
- 8 sliced honey-baked ham
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix venison, onion, oats, steak sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in a large mixing bowl, and shape into a loaf.
- Lay baking foil down on a flat surface and flatten the loaf to about 12x14-inch (1/2-inch thick).
- Lay ham on top to cover.
- Sprinkle cheese over ham.
- Roll into a log. Pinch the ends so the cheese doesn't leak out.
- Wrap foil around loaf (be sure to wrap so you can easily unwrap it while still hot -- see below).
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- Unwrap and continue to bake and brown for another 1/2 hour.