1/4 Photos of Tea Biscuits
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
Growing up Mom always (and still does) served these hot out of the oven with our beef stew. We slathered them with lots of butter & molasses and now the two recipes just go together! We can't have beef stew without them now! I cut them fairly thick for a nice fluffy biscuit. Also good with butter & strawberry jam!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2With pastry blender cut in butter.
- 3Add milk and mix well to form dough.
- 4Knead just a few times until smooth on a floured surface.
- 5DO NOT overwork, handle as little as possible.
- 6Roll to desired thickness and cut with a floured cutter or bottom of drinking glass.
- 7(I tend to cut them fairly thick so I never get the maximum 14 biscuits, more like 10-12!).
- 8Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes.
- 9(I find it only takes about 10 minutes in my particular oven).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tea Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 315.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g