Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This pie is from Farm Journal and I just love it! I have been baking this pie forever and it always gets high marks. I use Linda's Fantabulous Food Processor Pie Crust and this filling. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 nine-inch pie crust, unbaked (Linda's Fantabulous Food Processor Pie Crust)
- Combine spices and pumpkin, add sugar and flour and mix.
- Add eggs, evaporated milk, water and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pie shell (Recipe #300887) and bake at 400* for 45 - 50 minutes. I usually put a foil collar around the rim of the crust before baking. Cool on a rack.
This has been our families favorite for 50 years!