Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use for cooking or at the table. This is a very nice barbecue sauce for folks who cannot bring themselves to use a commercial sauce. Enjoy!
- 8 cups catsup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large cooking pot.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook at a very low boil for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Can be refrigerated until ready for use.
Excellent sauce, Bone Man! My Mom used to make something similar. I did cut back on the sugar tho. (only 1/2 cup). Otherwise made just the same. Thanks for posting!