Recipe by LeahG
My boyfriends favorite comfort food. This is a rich and filling dish.It covers it all, cheese& salt(tater tots)crunch(celery)and the richness of the cream soup.
Top Review by Blakey
I made this for my husband because he loves comfort foods. He enjoyed it thought the taste was good. It is VERY easy to make, but akward in presentation and when you scoop it from the casserole everything mixes up. But its good for a casual dinner.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 -3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots (up to 1 bag)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (or more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- in a 10 inch skillet melt butter.
- saute onion and celery 2-3 minutes.
- add ground beef and brown.
- drain liquid.
- in a 10x13 pan add ground beef& onion mixture.
- at this point i add salt pepper and garlic powder you can season as little or as much as you like.
- pour both cans of soup over the top and spread evenly.
- pour tater tots over soup.
- bake 30 minutes.
- remove from oven and add grated cheese return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese melts.