Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My boyfriends favorite comfort food. This is a rich and filling dish.It covers it all, cheese& salt(tater tots)crunch(celery)and the richness of the cream soup.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 -3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag frozen tater tots (up to 1 bag)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (or more if you like)
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- in a 10 inch skillet melt butter.
- saute onion and celery 2-3 minutes.
- add ground beef and brown.
- drain liquid.
- in a 10x13 pan add ground beef& onion mixture.
- at this point i add salt pepper and garlic powder you can season as little or as much as you like.
- pour both cans of soup over the top and spread evenly.
- pour tater tots over soup.
- bake 30 minutes.
- remove from oven and add grated cheese return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
I made this for my husband because he loves comfort foods. He enjoyed it thought the taste was good. It is VERY easy to make, but akward in presentation and when you scoop it from the casserole everything mixes up. But its good for a casual dinner.
I can barely turn the oven on and even I could follow this recipe! Seriously, my wife was shocked and amazed when she came home from the blizzard the other night and found a piping hot casserole made by yours truly. We all enjoyed it.
This was AWESOME! I was looking for a recipe that had a little extra other than just meat and tater tots. I love celery, so this was a great recipe for me. I added fresh garlic with the celery and onions and it was a nice addition. Thanks for the recipe, it will be a regular from now on!