Recipe by Laouli
This is a great hearty meal. Fun for kids, and pretty easy in my book. You can use either Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Celery. I use celery because of a mushroom allergy. This may not require all of the soup.. I usually use approx. 1 1/2 cans.
Top Review by HawaiiChef79
Not rating, but I just wanted to add that this is almost like the Cracker Barrel recipe. Just change the soup to cream of chicken soup and change the cheese to Colby, and you have a Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole with meat! Excellent Stuff! If you got it, you should try to season it with Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tater tots according to the directions on the package.
- While the tater tots are cooking, brown the ground beef, sausage, and onions, then drain.
- Add 1/2-1 can of the soup to the meat. The mixture shoul dhave a thick consistency. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, pour meat mizture into the bottom.
- Cover with a layer using 1/2 of the cheese. Add 1/2 - 1 can of the remaining soup over the cheese.
- Layer the tater tots in the dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!