Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe at a church potluck from the lady who brought it. She left out the cheese on top but my family loves cheese and we put it on there! It is so easy to make and tastes great. The kids eat it, even though there are green beans in it! Who could ask for more than that!
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 15 ounces French style green beans, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces of chopped mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 28 ounces frozen tater tots
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- saute' the onions, celery, and mushrooms together in pan until just tender.
- drain well on paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the drained green beans, sauteed onions,mushrooms and celery,.
- In a smaller bowl mix the sour cream and mushroom soups together.
- Pour over in other bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the tater tots, (still frozen) and mix well.
- Place in large casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake an extra 10 minutes until cheese is well melted and casserole in bubbly hot.