Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's one for the kids!
- 1 lb ground beef (or chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn (drained, not cream corn)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can whole milk
- shredded cheese (cheddar is best)
- Brown beef in skillet, add onions -- cook until onions are translucent. Drain mixture.
- Add salt, black pepper and corn -- mix well. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer tater tots on top of beef mixture.
- Combine soup and milk in small bowl. Pour over tater tots. Bake uncovered in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
I did change a couple of things around a bit when making this recipe ~ I used 2 cups of shredded chicken breast that I had in the freezer, & I used cream of chicken soup instead of the mushroom stuff! Worked great for us & this casserole was tasty & satisfying! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]