1/4 Photos of Tasty Thai Tuna Burgers
Easy and quick to put together, these burgers deliver in the taste department too. Made for the Raiders of the Lost Pantry Contest, 2013
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 limes, juice of or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs-I used whole wheat )
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped (I used the food processor)
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 sandwich buns, thin, cut in half and toasted (or leave untoasted if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup baby greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (if frying)
- salt and pepper
- 1If baking(you can also fry-instructions below), preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Place 2 tbls. of the sauce in a large bowl. Cover and chill the remaining sauce in the fridge.
- 3To the same large bowl, add the eggs, panko, soy sauce, and Thai chili sauce. Break up the tuna and add to the bowl. Add celery, green onions and red bell pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let stand about 10 minutes.
- 4Using wet hands, shape the tuna mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4" thick.
- 5If you want to fry them, put the oil in a skillet and heat on medium high heat. Turn down the heat to medium and add burgers and saute about 4-5 minutes each side, turning gently.
- 6If you bake them, place on baking sheet. Bake at 450*F. for 10-12 minutes.
- 7To serve, spread sandwich buns with remaining mayo/ginger sauce. Add patties to the bottom half of bun. Top with baby greens, and top buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Thai Tuna Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 1008.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: