Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pumpkin with a tasty sauce
- 2 red onions, skin on, quartered
- 800 g pumpkin, skin on, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 80 ml red wine vinegar
- mint leaf, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a roasting pan toss together onion, pumpkin, chilli flakes, oil and sea salt.
- Bake 40-50 min or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring honey and vinegar to the boil in a small pan, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place roasted pumpkin and onion in a serving dish, drizzle with honey mixture and scatter with mint.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* Followed the recipe as written however I left out the chilli flakes so my DD (Little Miss) could eat this recipe. Very delicious way to make pumpkin/squash thanks Jewelies.
I served this as a side to Roasted Chicken With Thyme and Honey Cream and was most impressed, I didn't leave the skin on pumpkin & onions as per recipe just a personal choice and used chilli powder instead of flakes as that's what I had on hand. Added a nice sweetness to the pumpkin and an aftertaste with a kick. A keeper for me, thanks!!
Yummo!! This is a great way to serve pumpkin, I've had it twice now...first off with Leslies Topside Roast Leslies Topside Roast and the next time it was made up in the Webber BBQ and served with Roast Pork. It's visually appealing too when served up direct from the baking dish. Thanks for sharing!!