Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ive had this recipes for years and only recently found it at the back of a drawer. This was one of my kids favourite meals.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (37 g) packet dry mushroom soup mix (I use Maggi)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Brown the beef and onion in the butter.
- Add all other ingredients except cabbage.
- Bring to boil and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally add the cabbage and simmer for another 7-10 minutes or until cabbage is cooked.
Tried this Recipe on the kids, They loved it. I added a little more rice to make it feed 5.