1/10 Photos of Tasty-Healthy Whole Spelt Bread
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Easy to make whole grain bread with a lot of seeds in it. Tasty and healthy at the same time. Germany is known for its bread variety. This is my little personal addition to this variety. This bread was inspired by a recipe I found ounce in a regional cookbook. I like especially the nutty flavor of the whole spelt flour and the delicate different flavors of the seeds. Try it with a layer of cream cheese and honey for breakfast or with any of your favorite spreads. Goes well together with cheese and salad. Some said it taste best without anything else. I make this frequently and it became one of my favorite breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the sesame seeds and set aside.
- 2Grease a 11.5 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Dissolve yeast in a 1/2 cup of water.
- 4Sift flour into bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- 5Fill dough into loaf pan and let dough rise for about 1 hour. The dough should rise noticable in that time. Otherwise extend time.
- 6Meanwhile preheat oven (480 F, 250 C).
- 7Put loaf pan into oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 390 F (200 C) and bake for another 45 minutes.
- 9Take bread out of the oven and turn it around. Bread should easily come out of the loaf pan.
- 10Put bread into the oven again and bake for additional 15 - 30 minutes. Check frequently. When you thump on the Bread and it sounds hollow, bread is done.
- 11Take the bread out of the oven and let cool down.
- 12NOTE: I take the bread out of the loaf pan after 1 hour of baking and bake it until it is done. If the bread should not come out of the loaf pan easily, bake it until it is done in the form. The bread is dense (I like it that way). The moisture can be regulated by baking time, but bake it at least for 1 hour.
- 13NOTE: You can replace the whole spelt flour against whole wheat flour. You could also use other seeds. Try what you like best.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty-Healthy Whole Spelt Bread
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 410.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: