Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from the back of a stock cube packet many years ago. Quick and easy to make.Great served with crusty bread and a green salad. The leftovers are just as good cold.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 (400 g) can water (the empty tin 1/2 filled)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 cup frozen peas (or both) or 1 cup sweet corn (or both)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- pasta shells (enough for 4-6)
- Heat olive oil and soften garlic and onion.
- Add peppers for a few minutes then add chicken.
- When chicken is white all over add tomatoes, stock cube, puree, water and seasoning.
- Cook gently for 15 mins till chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- At this time cook pasta.
- Add peas if used and finally parsley before serving.
- Mix together the sauce and pasta.
Not bad. The sauce was a little liquidy. I'm not sure I would make this again; it just didn't have a lot of flavor.