1/1 Photo of Tastey Lowfat 2 Step Ginger Chicken
Chef #1802465674's Note:
I learned this recipe so long ago from a neighbor who had little time and lots of kids. 8 quart soup/stock pan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, add 4-6 cups of water.
- 2Set to high heat to begin boil.
- 3add skinned chicken thighs(may add more water to cover all chicken).
- 4add 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- 5and 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- 6All these ingredients (except chicken) can be adjusted to your palate.
- 7Once it comes to a boil, turn down heat to low boil and cover.
- 8after 40 minutes remove lid and allow liquid to boil down till about 3/4 cups are left.
- 9Turn over all pieces of chicken, taste sauce for taste and add pepper and salt to taste.
- 10Finally, add 1/4 cup sugar (the key is adding a little to each chicken thigh) and the rest to the liquid.
- 11It's key to stay over the dish tasting for perfection, and watching for caramelizing of the liquid. As soon as it begins, turn heat off, so you have sauce to drizzle over the dish later.
- 12Serve over rice, or noodles, drizzle with sauce and enjoy, without a guilty conscious.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tastey Lowfat 2 Step Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 250.9 mg
- Sodium 930.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 60.7 g