Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Original recipe is from a co-worker. I adapted the recipe to be vegetarian.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Saute carrots and onions in the butter.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in peanut butter and stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.