Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from the Good Food Channel.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 ounces bacon, cut into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 lb reblochon cheese, sliced
- Boil potatoes in salted water, 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and fry for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and lemon thyme and the partially cooked potatoes. Cook, stirring until the potatoes soften, then season with salt and pepper. Add the white wine.
- Set oven to 425 degrees. Transfer potato mixture to gratin pan and pour cream over. Lay reblochon cheese to completely cover top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
A wonderful gratin! I made this while visiting my daughter in Germany. You can buy roblechon in larger cities there. However, I don't believe that roblechon is available in the states. Too bad because these potatoes are delicious.