Recipe by Rakow
A very elegant dessert consisting of caramelized apples and puff pastry. You'll want to make this for your boss or your mother-in-law. It is sure to impress.
- 4 lbs granny smith apples, peeled
- 10 ounces granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 sheets puff pastry (10x12)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sides off apples leaving cores intact.
- Arrange apple slices in 8, well buttered 10-0z baking cups to form round balls. Set aside on baking sheet.
- Cook sugar and water together until mixture is deep caramel color.
- Pour caramel equally over apples in cups.
- Bake the apples in a 450 degree(F) oven for about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut puff pastry into 8 large circles big enough to cover baking cup tops.
- Place pastry circles over apples.
- Beat egg and water for egg wash; brush pastry with wash.
- Bake in a 450 Degree(F) oven for about 6 minutes.
- Serve Dessert warm; unmold onto serving plates to let caramel sauce run over top of apple and pastry. To do so, place serving plate on top of baking cup and flip over.