My grandmother use to make a "tarte au sucre" for every family gathering. The kids would be wired all day, lol. I have been looking for a recipe that turns out like hers for a long time now. I have tried a few, all delicious, but not quite the same. A few weeks ago, my Mom was looking through a box of stuff left behind after my grandma passed away a while back and , there it was....... Her recipe for tarte au sucre. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. You might want to have a glass of milk with you when you do eat it, it is extremely sweet!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, mix brown sugar and flour.
- In seperate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add to flour mixture mixing well.
- Place cookie sheet under pie crust.
- Fill pie crust with mixture.
- Drop cold butter cubes throughout mixture.
- Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, until outside edges are firm and center is slightly jelly like.
- Refrigerate completly.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.