1/5 Photos of Tarte Au Sucre Francaise (French Canadian Sugar Pie)
My grandmother use to make a "tarte au sucre" for every family gathering. The kids would be wired all day, lol. I have been looking for a recipe that turns out like hers for a long time now. I have tried a few, all delicious, but not quite the same. A few weeks ago, my Mom was looking through a box of stuff left behind after my grandma passed away a while back and , there it was....... Her recipe for tarte au sucre. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. You might want to have a glass of milk with you when you do eat it, it is extremely sweet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In bowl, mix brown sugar and flour.
- 3In seperate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
- 4Gradually add to flour mixture mixing well.
- 5Place cookie sheet under pie crust.
- 6Fill pie crust with mixture.
- 7Drop cold butter cubes throughout mixture.
- 8Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, until outside edges are firm and center is slightly jelly like.
- 9Refrigerate completly.
- 10Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarte Au Sucre Francaise (French Canadian Sugar Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g