Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Forgot to buy tartar sauce at the store? Not to worry this is a quick and simple recipe that will keep in the fridge for up to one week. You can substitute low-fat mayo if you are counting calories.
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, diced finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, diced finely
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients together adding the lemon juice last.
- Store up to one week in a sealed container.
- Add 1 tbsp of boiling water before sealing.
You can spread it on your dog and it would still be yummy. ;-)