Cherry is one of my favorite pies and I'm always looking for new ones to try. I found this one in Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh pitted unsweetened tart red cherries or 4 cups unsweetened frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1In large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cherries and extract.
- 2Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry, trim to 1 inch beyond edge of plate.
- 3Pour filling into crust.
- 4Dot with butter.
- 5Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust.
- 6Seal and flute edges.
- 7With pastry brush, brush milk on top crust; sprinkle crust with sugar.
- 8Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 9Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- 11Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- 12Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tart Cherry Lattice Pie
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.1
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 354.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g