Recipe by papergoddess
This is so easy, and so good. No browning, just put the chicken in and pour the sauce on, and bake!! The tarragon makes it an elegant entree.
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful, Wonderful! The only thing I did different was to cut the salt to 1/4 teaspoon since the cream of chicken soup has plenty of salt for my taste. Since I was out of slivered almonds, I used pine nuts instead. I used plenty of fresh tarragon out of my herb garden. I served this dish over brown rice. Thank you, Papergoddess, for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will be making this over and over again.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 7.39 ml tarragon
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 13 X 9 inch baking pan, place chicken pieces.
- Do not overlap.
- Place onion rings over top.
- Mix seasonings with cream of chicken soup and milk and spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with almonds, if desired.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender.