Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
We LOVE root beer and this is a great way to incorporate it into my cooking! (Prep and cook times are approximate and for sauce only)
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks or 2 lbs beef, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except steak in large bowl; stir until blended.
- Add steak; cover, and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade.
- Place remaining marinade in medium saucepan and boil from 10 to 50 minutes (or until you have it at the thickness you want), stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill steak 5 to 10 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Serve with boiled sauce.