Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Tangy Marinated Yellow Squash (No Cooking)
- 4 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Toss yellow squash, green onion, green pepper, and celery together.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Pour marinade over squash mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Fabulous recipe to take to summer potlucks especially since you can make it a day in advance. Everyone likes it even people who don't like squash. I use Splenda and first mix it with the cider vinegar before adding the rest of the ingredients including red wine vinegar in the marinade. I also use red instead of green pepper (personal preference) in the overall ingredients. Thank you, Peppermintkitty!
Only one other review since 1999! How can that be? This is one of the yummiest dishes I have made in ages!!! I actually had it for breakfast. DH came home with a huge amount of yellow squash, so I doubled the marinade. In making the marinade, I substituted Splenda for the sugar, used white wine instead of wine vinegar, & 10 or 12 cloves of garlic. I shared part of the squash recipe with a friend who also thought it was fantastic. Try this, you are going to love it!!!
I was looking for something different to make with this season's yellow squash and found this recipe. It is delicious! Thanks for sharing.