Recipe by BeckyF
The beer gives an slightly more complex overtone to this all-purpose barbecue sauce.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vinegar, beer, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Add the garlic, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.